Blueberry Gin Martini
Contemporary Classic updated
A fabulousy fruity, and sweet take on the Martini
Careful with this one though.... the fruit and sugar sweetness can hide its strength! So definitely a sipper, and to be savoured slowly.
- 40 ml Bareksten Botanical Gin (But any neutral, classic Gin you have to hand is fine!)
- 1 tbsp ripe Blueberries
- 15 ml Sugar Syrup
- Place the gin, blueberries and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker half filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously for 2-3 minutes. You need to bruise, and break up the blueberries doing this, extracting the colour and flavour, as well as chilling the gin.
- Strain into a coupe glass like the image (ideally have this chilled too, as you don't serve with the ice).
- No garnish necessary for this one..... the colour from the blueberries, and the gin are the stars of the show here!
- Sit back, and enjoy!
Gary @ GF